Virtual Brag and Steal: Inspirational Stories Part 2
Tuesday, May 11 at 2 PM ET
1. Kayla Fouraker – Brooks Rehabilitation Aphasia Center: 2.05-2.15
Hope is Within Your Reach: A Journey Through Stroke and Aphasia
2. Julie Carpenter & Ann Oerhing – Shirley Ryan AbilityLab: 2.15-2.25
A Leap of Faith: Return to Devotional Readings in the Context of Severe Aphasia
3. Miranda Babiak & Shyanne Heise – University of North Colorado: 2.25-2.35
The Inspiration of Laughter
4. Julia Halvorson – Minnesota Connect Aphasia Now (MnCAN): 2.35-2.45
Jeannie: Reinvention and Moving Forward
5. JoEllen Gilbert – Brooks Rehabilitation Aphasia Center: 2.45-2.55
From Desperation to Independence: One Man’s Journey with Aphasia
Distinguished Speaker Series: Leora Cherney
Thursday, May 27 at 4 PM ET
What makes the speaker series even more remarkable is that they are not a traditional lecture. They are intimate conversations that will start with their thoughts on observations on the day’s topics and turn into an open and free-flowing conversation. To make the conversation that much more impactful for everyone in attendance, each speaker has agreed to do a second session on their given day if interest is strong.
The 2020-21 Distinguished Speakers Series is your chance to connect, up close and personal, with speakers that you may have had to travel and pay a conference registration to see from afar. All it takes is a current Aphasia Access membership.
Click the button to learn about our May speaker, Leora Cherney.
Registration coming soon